Despite the rain and the lack of eating (yes, Christina and I forgot to eat until dinner...), BEA day one was fabulous.
Oh, and despite the extremely depressing lack of Truthwitch in my life. Yes, the line cut off just as I got to it. There were some internal tears going on.
Check out the video for our full recap. In the meantime, here are the highlights:
1. Selfie with Susan Dennard, who signed a Truthwitch book for me as a consolation because she's the sweetest.
2. The publicists at Candlewick, Soho, and Sourcebooks were some of the nicest people on Earth!
3. Meeting up with the amazing Summer of Blue Sky Bookshelf for a panini (Sergimmo's Salumeria is super high on my food list), a trip to the Strand, and a milkshake.
4. The Strand. OMG.
5. That beautiful Illuminae galley. Seriously, I can't even imagine what that printing must have cost.
6. Just made the signing with Amy Ewing for The White Rose! I was so happy. The Jewel was one of my favorites from last year, so I'd have been sad to miss it.
The Book Call